Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ups & Downs of 2008

Wow, already into 2009. Unreal.

2008 was an eventful year - by far the most tumultuous ever. Here's a quick recap.

January 2008 -
- Inform my previous agency that I was burned out and I was resigning...
- Drive back from Charlotte and notice my deadbeat tenant, who was renting out my condo, hadn't moved out (I call my lawyer the next day).

February 2008 -
- My worst nightmare comes true - Giants win Super Bowl...
- Move into a rag of an apartment in West Paterson....
- Land a job of a lifetime at Coyne Public Relations...

March 2008 -
- Take my tenant to court. Judge orders her she needs to be out June 1...
- My aunt Toni passes away from bladder cancer...

April 2008 -
- April 15, I am selected to compete in the 2008 Ford Ironman World Championhip (A dream of mine for the previous seven years)

May 2008 -
- Move back into my condo as tenant FINALLY secures another condo/landlord to try and screw over...
- I adopt a tuxedo kitten from a local shelter....And as I am writing this, he jumps up on my desk and walks in front of me. I name him "Drebin" after Lt. Frank Drebin from The Naked Gun...

June 2008 -
- My beloved Celtics win NBA championship...

July 2008 -
- Complete the Ford Ironman Providence 70.3 Triathlon, validating my World Championship slot until........................(See September)

August 2008 -
- My sister Julie gives birth to her third child (first boy). Max is now an uncle of seven - like rabbits I tell ya.

September 2008 -
- Uncle George (Toni's husband) passes away - from bladder cancer....No words..
- I crash during a cycling ride down in Rumson - suffering a severe laceration and contusion to my left hand. 20 stitches and 2 novocane shots later, doctor informs me I have to withdraw from Ironman.

October 2008 -
- Shannon visits from NC - leading to a weekend of: A Halloween party, trip to Atlantic City, Cowboys/Giants, all-day trip into NYC. To sum up - An amazing weekend....

November 2008 -
- I sense a Dallas Cowboys collapse coming....

December 2008 -
- Christmas with my family...
- NYE with Shannon in Times Square...
- Dallas is horrible...
- Max finally finds peace with himself.....

Happy 2009 everyone....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I found www.NoPayTenants.com is for reporting deadbeat renters. All rental property owners need to checkout that website and post their deadbeat renters. When renters find out their name is on that database they quickly want to pay-up. Also, it helps other landlords from getting burned and you can check if any renter has a record.

http://www.nopaytenants.com/